JCS Strategic Plan was APPROVED by the Jacksonville City Board of Education on October 17, 2016
The PLAN has been created, the objectives have been developed, the mission, vision, and beliefs have been presented. However, we still have some work to do.
We are appreciative for the survey input by our students, parents, and community. This PLAN was created from the survey responses.We will be creating required action steps to be completed in order to achieve a long –term strategic objective.
Step 1 – Develop Milestones
• Begin by reviewing the Strategic Objective and Appropriate Tactical Actions
• Review the Strategic Objective’s predetermined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Determine Current Baseline Performance for KPIs
• Determine Year 5 Target Expectation for KPIs
• Beginning with Year 1 determine the annual step performance increase to meet Year 5 Target. Set these as Yearly Targets for Years 1-4.
• Determine the intermediate actions that are required to achieve the above set Yearly Targets.
Step 2 – Define Work Required
• Define the work breakdown (work tasks) required to achieve individual milestones
• Determine sequence of work tasks
– If tasks do not have to be completed in a “building” structure, consider prioritizing based on:
• Highest Overall Impact to Organization while being….
• Easiest to Do while being….
• Lowest Cost to Do
• Determine who is to be responsible and accountable for the work
• Determine support personnel
• Determine resource needs
• Determine the time available for each work task and the dates at which milestones must be achieved.
We are creating “Data Dashboard” to monitor our progress on regular intervals.
These will be posted on our webpage so as to keep our parents and community informed as to our progress.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Jacksonville City Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, or age in its programs and activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and
Title IX: Dr. Mark Petersen, Superintendent, 123 College St., SW, Jacksonville, AL 36265 (256) 782-5682.